Richard began his career working for Costain on major projects including the Thames Barrier in 1976. He has had senior roles as a Contractor, Consultant and Client. His recent experience includes several major capital projects including the Sainsbury Wellcome Centre at UCL, the new Lambeth Palace Library, the Gradel Quad at New College, Oxford & HS2. Some career highlights follow:
- Three times British Construction Industry Award (www.bcia.org.uk) winner as Client representative – 2016 – Sainsbury Wellcome Centre at UCL, 2013 – Bishop Edward King Chapel, Cuddesdon Oxford and 2002 – Honda New European Plant, Swindon.
- Member of Construction Minister’s sounding board of 6 “key industry figures” appointed to assist the DTI/BEIS (2006/10).
- Member of London 2012 Olympics and Heathrow Terminal 5 Dispute panels.
- Former Chairman and Honorary Member of Society of Construction Law (2006).
- Joint author of DTI/BEIS sponsored report analysing 40% construction savings made by Honda when developing its 600 acre site at Swindon (2001/2002).
- Senior advisory board (Construction) – Westbrook Consulting (www.westbrook.co.uk)